Den Building – Hours of fun
Den Building can be great fun for children or for the whole family. It is an activity the whole family can do or you can sit back and let the children’s imagination run wild.
There are many great ways to make a Den and there are no rules but here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Find 2 good strong trees (or fence posts) about 6ft apart on a flat piece of ground. Lay out the para cord between the two trees and tie each end of the para cord to the trees at chest height.
2. Throw the tarpaulin over the para cord, making sure that each side is the same length.
3. Pull the tarpaulin tight and place the pegs through the eyelets into the ground and hammer the pegs in with your sturdy mallet.
4. Fill up the sandbags with dead leaves or straw and put around your Den to mark your territory.
5. Make your Den cosy by putting duvets and pillows in there with you, if you build it well you may even be able to sleep in there!
6. Hang up your camo net to camouflage your den completely, or put 4 sticks in the ground and throw the camo net over the top – this could be another den or ‘jail’!
7. Hang your ‘Danger Mines’ sign onto the nearest tree to warn the enemy off! Find a thin branch, whittle off any side branches and then tie your flag to it to mark your territory.
We hope you have lots of fun in your den and make some fabulous memories. Please share your pictures with us, especially, if you are brave enough to camp out in your den overnight!
Enjoy your Den………………!
For build your own den kits click here build a den.